Community service on 23th September 2017

Before that, my lecturer Dr. Ben introduced Tender Hearts to our group.
My group mates, Wei Yee, Sasa, Vina, Jon and Shirley are quite interested to do our community service in Tender Hearts.
We meet the person in charge, Ms Sharon and then we get the contact number from her.
So, she told us that she needs help to prepare cookies to sell.
The money earned from selling cookies is used to help the special kids.
Ms. Sharon planned to open one cafe to give job opportunities to the special kids.
I feel like Ms. Sharon has a kind heart which willing to help those special kids by doing these.
Therefore, my friends and I decided to help them and also clear community service hours at the same time.
On that day, we meet Ms. Sharon at Chang Tung, Taman Megan.
Chang Tung also a very kind baking ingredients shop which willing to sponsor the kitchen and ingredients for the cookies making.
We reached there 9am and also meet some parents and the special kids.
Then, I help to divide and shape the cookies with my group mates.
When we want to start to bake the cookies, the oven has some problem which cannot function.
Unfortunately, we cannot bake in Chang Tung.
So, Ms Sharon decide to move to Tender Hearts clubhouse.
Then, we get the address from her and we also take things and ingredients we need to bake cookies.
We reach the club house and start baking.
because of the lack of effective equipment, we only can back 1 tray in an oven.
There is only 2 oven available so we only can bake 2 trays at one time.
After done baking, we help in packing the cookies into the box.
Ms. Sharon has shown us the proper way to pack the cookies.
After the baking, we clean up the club house and we talk with special kids and Ms Sharon.
They share about the stories of their life.
From the sharing session, I get to know that some of the special kids went to Sunway Uni for baking course and computer class.
They actually want to live like a normal person which has their dreams.
I feel thankful that what I have now.
I am able to do whatever I want. Compared to those special kids, sometimes they may not able to do what they want.
From Ms. Sharon, she said that she is going to open a cafe to give job opportunity for the special kids.
I mentally support the action of Ms. Sharon. Because I think that it is good thing to help those special kids.
My group mates and I also share our culinary knowledge to Ms. Sharon.
We give some ideas for the cafe menu, like club sandwich, salads and pasta.
At 4pm, we decide to leave the club house.









Comments

Popular Posts